Thursday, November 1, 2012

Unique Invitations


Our YW in Excellence is coming up.  My committee of YW selected the "It's a Jungle Out There!" theme which I think will make a great evening!  They are doing a lot of the footwork and phone calling so I told them I would make the invitations. 

Mother's cookies just came out with iced Jungle Animal Cookies (green and white instead of the standard pink and white Circus Cookies).  How did they know?  I placed several in a glycine bag - a left over from my daughter's wedding reception - and stamped some paw prints and shapes on it.  I added the invitation to the front and an animal sticker.  They're kinda cute and a nice change from the regular handout.  The girls, of course, are always interested in the treat. 

It's fun to find new ways to hand out invitations for activities.  Buy a large, swirly lollipop and place an invitation on it with a ribbon or a decorated box with the invitation printed in the bottom.  A small invitation can be placed on a plastic toy or felt heart pincushion.  Play with your idea and your theme.  I'll bet you can come up with something very clever and I'd love to hear about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment