Tuesday, July 31, 2012

A Faith Stone

I remember "Good ol' Charlie Brown" at Halloween.  All he got was a rock!  I gave my YW a rock recently.  I asked them if they had ever seen a worry stone.  They are usually polished gemstones with an indentation in it to rub between the thumb and index finger to help relieve one's worries.  I wanted to give a spiritual thought on Sunday and found a talk by Elder Wirthlin called "Young Women-Real Guardians."  It was given a long time ago.  In it, he states that we should not "be discouraged at seemingly overwhelming odds in (y)our desire to live and help others live God's commandments.  At times it may seem like David trying to fight Goliath.  But remember, David did win."  I loved that statement!  I know in our challenges in life, we often feel like we are fighting a gargantuan battle and need to remember that "I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me."  (Philippians 4:13). So...I gave my girls a Faith Stone.  It was a small, smooth stone. It wasn't very fancy but on it, I printed "David won!" and placed it on a card to hand out.  I told them they could put it in their purse, the backpacks, or their pockets just to remember, when we are challenged, we can conquer all through our faith in Jesus Christ. 

No comments:

Post a Comment