Any new task or desire to change can be made into a Value Project. Is your YW taking Spanish in High School for the first time? Is she learning to play a new piano piece for a recital. Set the goal and count it. Much of our lives revolves around goal setting even if we do not realize it. Here are some more ideas:
1. Organize a blanket drive for an animal shelter.
2. Learn a sport as a spectator or participant. (Do you know what it means to be "in the pocket" in football?) Take up jogging, yoga, surfing, etc.
3. Participate in a school event for band, drama, choir, dance.
4. Read a classic novel (Something you have not read before. Must be 10 hours and a short synopsis-not a school assignment.)
5. Get involved in a local election as a volunteer.
6. Adopt a highway or street.
7. Work as a tutor at school.
8. Make a YW or Ward cookbook.
9. Help organize care packages for the troops.
10. Research colleges for after graduation.